02 October 2008

Mortgage Crisis?

We are a nation fabricated up of alone states, the apriorism as I accept it was for those states to carve out a way to appear to it’s citizens with the Federal government dispatch in for things the states can’t afford, nowadays things like medical analysis and artery highways. That’s the way the arrangement works at an bookish level, but acknowledgment to media apprenticed consumerism we now anticipate that commercials on FOX are anecdotic of some overarching American way of activity apprenticed by accretion of things and getting thin. We were already a nation congenital on diversity, admitting the admiral that be would accept baffled a accurate beachcomber of immigrants (or kidnapees) at times, our ability has absorbed, spun off sub cultures and connected to be accelerating overall.

As far as an “American” way of life, that’s such a counterfeit abstraction it makes my abdomen hurt. How are humans in Nebraska traveling to reside a agnate activity to me in Manhattan? Why should they? The aforementioned things should not be appropriately important. If you reside 30 afar from a boondocks or city-limits and you charge a car to survive again a car should be added important to you than to me, not to acknowledgment gas prices. How can I accomplish the “American Dream” consisting of a abode and a fence if a actor dollars will buy me a one bedchamber accommodation in the city-limits I wish to reside in? Am I no best American because I don’t affliction about that.

Homogeneity is not the answer; it makes us easier to control, it reduces adeptness and competition. The alley it leads us down is the one we’re on, capricious spending, a abridgement of amusing consciousness. We don’t charge to be all the aforementioned because it’s absurd to affliction about a billion people, we charge to accomplish the bounded curve added important. I can’t accept the appulse of my capricious following of a media induced ideal activity has on my vountry because I can’t accumulate clue of the accomplished country. I CAN accept what aftereffect I’m accepting on my neighborhoods, on my abandoned accompany and on the bounded area I accredit to as my home. That’s why the “American Dream” is such a sham, getting an American should not be predicated on the things you own, or the things you want. A axiological acceptance that all men are created according and an compassionate that we’re all in it calm and we accept the appropriate to administer ourselves is the basal line, not how abounding busy cars you accept in your garage.

Which got me to thinking, “that’s because cipher has a job and we’re home watching tv watching for any assurance that the abridgement is traveling to recover.”But again I aswell got to cerebration about how little I absolutely accept about what’s traveling on with this bailout plan, and how this is one of those things that everybody thinks or at atomic pretends they accept fully. From what I can accomplish out Congress and Wall Street don’t absolutely accept what’s happening. One affair I can say for abiding is that whether humans anticipate the bailout is a acceptable abstraction or not, everybody is pissed at the mortgage holders and the mortgage lenders.

I am aswell mad at the humans who yield out loans for cars they accept no ambition of paying off, humans who buy Nikes instead of…well annihilation abroad to be honest. I’m disgusted by the following of cachet symbols to the damage of accomplishing absolute status. I anticipate the mortgage crisis is appropriate of how apparent we’ve become as a culture. Humans assume to anticipate that there’s an “American” way of accomplishing things, of active one’s activity and that it agency accepting a abode if you accept one child, that it agency cars for anybody who wants one and the newest corpuscle buzz somehow describes your appearance as an individual.

Now I adulation a gadget, and I’m not chargeless of the following of cachet symbols. No buts, I do it too. It’s harder not to.

No comments: